Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spleen Forum

Enlarged Spleen, Normal Test Results

I am a 22 yr old male weighing about 165. I have recently been told I have an enlarged spleen. We have done chest x-ray, two blood tests, an abdomen CT along with a chest CT. Everything is normal, other than the spleen. It has been over a month of testing with no answers. They are now referring me to an oncologist, but why? Wouldn't my other tests show something significant? The pain is worse when I eat, but it is mostly a constant sharp pain that radiates to my chest. Now I am feeling leg pain as well.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 4th, 2016
Did you find anything out, this is similar to the issues I am going through right now.
|

replied September 28th, 2016
spleens can become large if you lymphatic system is under strain. its called qi deficiency, cold spleen. i would advise a mega change of diet. no dairy, healthy meats, no fast foods. warm foods. breakfast is the main diet, keep it light and healthy. fruits are good. dont have large meals, it'll put strain on your stomach and so onto your spleen. because it doesn't seem like you have any health conditions, it'll shrink back.

if the pain you have is under your rib cage, and occasional pain in your left chest and sometimes elbow. its due to the spleen pulling on nerve tenden. resulting in shooting pain.
|

replied September 28th, 2016
research on spleen qi deficiency, cold spleen. it could be what you have. so stay on a strictly clean diet. no dairy products, healthy meats, no fast food, lots of fruit and veg. no heavy meals. keep the lymphatic system healthy.

the pain in the chest and other parts are due to nerves being pulled by the spleen. same as the stomach being full. this will happen as long as the spleen is large.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...