Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Endometriosis and have been trying for a baby?

User Profile
i have endometriosis and have been trying for a baby for a year now,is there anything that can help?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2011
Endometriosis Answer A26472
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Endometriosis can be a cause for infertility. You should consider visiting your gynecologist/obstetrician for further evaluation (to look for extent of endometriosis) and assistance (removal of endometrial growths and start you on treatment). Laparoscopy assisted removal of the endometrial growths and treatment helps in improving fertility. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your treating gynecologist/obstetrician. Discuss your pregnancy plans. Get started on appropriate treatment to help you get pregnant. All the best.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.