Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Endometriosis and bowel problems?

User Profile
I have been having increasing worse period pain which started 2 years ago. It got so bad, that maximum daily dosages of nurofen, brufen and naproxen did not help. My advice from my GP after trying these pain killers was to only take my active pills and skip my period until I got spotting. This helped because I didn't get my period! Every four months or so I would get it, really really bad, I would have to take three days off work. I hate getting my period!
My most recent visit to another GP refered me to a gyno who straight away said endometriosis and I am booked in for the procedure in 6 days.
I have had pain everyday for the last month, I have had so much time off work that I am no longer getting paid sick days Sad

I have also had bad diarrhea every day too... does endometriosis usually cause bowel problems?

Its awkward eating as I just get diarrhea. I have been crying everyday, its so painful and its so hard to do anything! I am not taking anything for pain relief as nothing over the counter helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Your symptoms are suggestive of Endometriosis.It deos cause severe pain and can present with altered bowel habits.Though oral contraceptives are the drug of choice but if it is persistent even after that then surgery is the only option.
Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

|

replied August 22nd, 2011
how are you feeling after your lap? any pain releif?
|
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.