Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Ending pregnancy at 4 months

hellow my wife she pregnant The fourth month and we have one child but we not ready to have new baby so we went to the doctor he gave her medicines she try it but her body is does not accept and the doctor he said d beby in side my wife Adheres strongly in the womb and he can't get it out and we went to other doctor he said the samething so what we can do with this problem doctor if u can help us
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper madnessandsadess
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2010
Community Volunteer
The abortion pill (or abortion medicines) WILL NOT work past the eighth week of pregnancy. Your wife cannot have a medical abortion this far along. She will need a surgical abortion. A surgical abortion (or aspiration abortion/dilation/extraction/dilation/curr etage)is a method of removing the fetus from the womb with medical instruments. The will either give your wife medications to help dilate her cervix or they will manually dilate it, then they will scrape, suction, and clean the pregnancy out of her uterus.
|

replied November 27th, 2010
surgical abortion
does The surgical abortion have any risks or side effects? Are you on anaesthetic? I am about 3 mths pregnant and want to abort my baby, so I wanted to know what to expect.
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Re: surgical abortion
madnessandsadess wrote:
does The surgical abortion have any risks or side effects? Are you on anaesthetic? I am about 3 mths pregnant and want to abort my baby, so I wanted to know what to expect.
A surgical abortion does carry risks, as with any medical procedure. The risks of complications are quite low. Infection, perforation of the uterus, incomplete abortion, and heavy bleeding are some of the risks. The percentage of those who experience any complications vary from 2%-5%, depending on what complication. The upside to having a surgical abortion (versus medical) is that it is over in five minutes, the risk of retaining parts of the pregnancy (missed or incomplete abortion) are much lower (than having a medical abortion), there are doctors around if complications arise (such as heavy bleeding or possible uterine perforation), and yes, there is usually some form of anesthesia.
I know that some places will allow for general anesthesia, but usually "twilight" anesthesia is the method of choice. Twilight anesthesia does not put you to sleep. It relaxes you, you will still feel some pain (depending upon your pain threshold, this can be mild to very painful), and even though you feel the pain, you really won't care. Basically, twilight anesthesia "disconnects" your brain from your body, you know you feel what is going on, but you just don't care. Depending upon the form of twilight anesthesia, you may not even remember that you were in pain at all.
If you are considering a surgical abortion, you need to go straight to the source with questions and concerns. That source is a doctor experienced in surgical abortions. S/he can give you all the information that you need and can tell you what to expect.
|

replied March 14th, 2013
First off no one needs to aboard that far along...you people are selfish..if u didnt want the baby keep your legs closed.
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...