Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Ending an abusive relationship with a child involved

hi

I have been trapped in a relationship for almost 3 years now. We have a child together. I don't want to be with them anymore. Most days im lucky if im just shouted at and belittled. Some days they stop me from being able to leave their home when Im feeling uncomfortable because of the shouting. I have to give up things for them because there is the possibility i may come into contact with another girl. Things like the gym or any kind of social interaction with my friends. If i do even have a conversation with my friends over text they lose it and are convinced it means Ive made plans to go out somewhere with them.
Ive tried to end it before. I live separate from her but the moment I ended it she was banging at my door screaming and howling crying. Throwing stones at my window just to get my attention. Because im not good at handling those situations I caved and went back to them.

The major difficulty I face is because we have a child together. There was a small period when me and her wernt together and I could see my child twice a week. Every time I went to collect them there was trouble. She never made it easy. They were never dressed and ready to go... there was still so much to be done and she used that time to try and get me back. In many instances trapping me in her home.

I just dont know how to end it with her anymore. Im not enjoying my life and every day is now a struggle.

How I do I end the relationship and still see my child twice a week when every time I go other there I put myself at risk of getting trapped there.

I just dont know what to do anymore. I cry when im alone because im stuck in a situation I really dont want to be in anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 7th, 2018
Extremely eHealthy
Sympathy! This is a complicated situation which needs the advice of a competent social worker, counselor or lawyer. I urge you to seek professional help. Meanwhile you could regain some control of your sanity by staying away, even if it means not seeing your child for a while. Eventually something will get sorted out and the child will want to have a relationship with its father. Sorry I can't be of more help.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply