Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Encounter with HIV positive guy

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
Hello I am a teenage female who is vertical scared and dealing with depression because of this! ABout 2 months ago I had an encounter with a guy who I found out after was hiv positive . Basically what happened was we had lots of kissing which I no carries low to no risk . Then we had genital rubbing for about 10 min. He then got comfortable and “tried” to enter me . I was actually coming off my period and still had in a tampon . He pressed against my vagina opening trying to go in so I jus felt much pressure I do not feel he went inside but if he did it was the head of the penis for about 5-7 seconds after I realized and said stop ! No I don’t want to do this nomore so we stopped . A week later I found out I had trichomoniasis.. several people say that std is VERy easy to pass along but I’m so afraid of this HIV transmission. No we didn’t have sex but Idk if what did happened was risky ! Please help me!! I can’t get to a doctor right now and I’m going crazy . Please help !!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2018
HIV and AIDS Answer A63129
As per the history, if there was no ejaculation inside the vagina then the risk of HIV infection would be very unlikely.

But other possible infections like gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, etc can definitely be associated with such exposures.

Hence it would be recommended to consult a STD clinic and seek proper medical opinion and screening tests .

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.