Dear doctor
15 years old boy with enchondroma of distal phalanx right big toe. removed by excision and curation, Histology showed no atypia.
Any further management or tips? what is the chance of recurrence?
thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

replied February 19th, 2009
enchondroma
I have a 15 year old girl who has lived with multiple enchondromitosis her whole life. Not the average oliers either from toe to now the brain each and ever bone in her body. He will be fine with hie Toe even if it cone back as long as no cancer is invoved. My daughter now has cancer involved. Its inop and always has been for her from birth.

Just deal and use what god gave you and do you follow-ups. Dont feel sorry for yourself or others ust be gratful.

a loving mother
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
There is 5-10 % chance of recurrence. Nothing special in diagnostics is needed for monitoring. Just have annual check up with GP.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2019
I think you need to in touch with youur physician as long as you need to have the issue..
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.