I have suffered from different mental illnesses, but the depression is the worst. It seems that no medicine is right. I have tried alot of things to ease this,but the truth is i feel empty-always. I have no friends, no job, am disabled. I just never felt right. Like i didnt belong anywhere. No person felt right,no job. I spend alot of time on my computer. I know all the reasons to be grateful, i am alive, have use of all my limbs and good food to eat. I just want to feel happy, and not because i am on meds or some guy talks to me. I want to feel beautiful,capable and peaceful. The depression gets so bad sometimes i feel like im just surviving. I dont want to be ready to die and only then realize i want to really live.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2013
One thing you've got to realize is feelings of self-worth and beauty come from what you do on a daily basis and how you define yourself. Don't let you disability stop you from doing something that you deem worthwhile. Find some activity that you can that allows you to socialize and find friends or people that you can reach out. For example, join an activity that interests you, like join a book club or maybe ask people at work to join you for lunch. Take the initiative to do something positive. Always, always, always say at least two positive things for every negative thought that comes to your head. You are NOT worthless! Also, try getting out of your bubble and engage with other activities that might be new. You're right that you have a right to be grateful because you are living and you can make life meaningful. But you have got to take the initiative. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....