I'm not sure what the problem is but I have had it for a few years where I get hungry sometimes even just 2 hours after eating and my stomach will make loud noises from the left side and it really effects me, especially in quiet situations. Apart from being embarrassing, it is painful as well as my stomach feels empty, another problem I have recently started getting is that my stomach will make a strange gurgling noise after each time I take a sip of a drink!! I have no idea if these things are harmless but all I know is that it really gets me to me and I would really appreciate any help and advice Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If after eating you feel hungry within 2 hours time, then causes like hyperinsulinemia or increase in BMR, or pregnancy should be ruled out. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/healthcare provider for further evaluation, clarification and assistance. Include high amount of proteins in diet and minimize carbohydrate intake. This might help if you are having hyperinsulinemia. Further treatment remedies can be suggested based on your evaluation results. Look out for development of any new symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|

replied August 8th, 2014
Thank you for your reply, I searched hyperinsulinemia to find that it is often related to type 2 diabetes. I then looked at some of the symptoms which can include fainting which I have had in the past, my grandad has type 2 diabetes as well. Does this mean that I could possible have it? Bearing in mind I have only fainted about 5 times and I have been to the doctor about this and they said that it was due to being dehydrated/too hot.
|

replied August 8th, 2014
Thank you for your reply, I searched hyperinsulinemia to find that it is often related to type 2 diabetes. I then looked at some of the symptoms which can include fainting which I have had in the past, my grandad has type 2 diabetes as well. Does this mean that I could possible have it? Bearing in mind I have only fainted about 5 times and I have been to the doctor about this and they said that it was due to being dehydrated/too hot.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.