Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Embarassing issue regarding bleeding and general health.

Just looking for piece of mind. I'm a male, average size/height, 21 years old. I've been experiencing anal bleeding/itching off and on for the last two months with a slight discomfort on the right side of my upper abdomen (under my ribs). I have been under a great amount of stress due to severe financial problems, poor diet, and some other factors. I've noticed that the tightness occurs the most when i'm at work. I cannot afford a doctor and just need to know if it is due to something serious or if it's just a result of stress causing hemorrhoids or something similar. Again, the bleeding is off and on. The blood is bright red or just a normal tint of red (like a cut on my arm would bleed) please, please just give me some honest assessments. I keep fearing things like cancer... so some peace of mind or personal experience would be helpful. it's consuming me with worry.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Per rectal bleed needs to be evaluted for the cause. Hemorrhoids or fissures are common causes of fresh blood. Consult your local surgeon and let them help.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.