Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Elevated resting heart rate, heart palpitations, chest pain

Hi- I'm a 19 year old female college athlete, and typically work out 3-4 hours a day, and sleep about 6 hours. At the start of this year, my resting heart rate was 39-42. However, in the past couple weeks I've noticed that my heart rate has suddenly spiked to around 62 bpm. In addition to this, I've been getting heart palpitations about once a week and some chest pain (but the chest pain could just be from muscle tightness in my chest area). I typically have normal blood pressure, about 110/55, but I do admittedly add a lot of salt to my food and haven't checked my blood pressure in about 2 weeks.

I don't know why my heart rate is suddenly spiking, though, because I don't believe my habits have changed much? Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....