Hello all,

This looks liek a great forum, and Im hoping someone may be able to help me.

Has anyone had any experience with electronic cigarettes? I've seen them on the news recently, and I think they may really be able to work for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jason
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper amy1976
|

replied March 25th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
welcome to the forum! I have seen these myself in the malls, they look interesting. I'm not a smoker personally, so I cant speak from experience however a co worker of mine recently purchased this and is using it with the patch to learn to quit...part of stopping smoking is quitting the habit period..you're used to that action of inhaling and a friend of mine said it was hard enough just to learn to quit that habit plus that with the nicotine cravings make it nearly impossible..I think this is a fantastic idea though, this coupled with the gum or the patch can probably make it alittle easier to quit...good luck!
|

replied March 28th, 2009
I myself am a heavy smoker and have been smoking for 30 years. I have tried quitting a number of times with no success.
Since trying the electronic cigarette I have almost completely Quit Smoking in a few days, It has been my personal experience that within 24-48 hours after you start using electronic cigarettes and stop smoking traditional cigarettes you will start to feel better, you will have more energy, be more alert. I can not say that everyone will feel the same as I did, but think about it !
Once you stop continually taking in all the carcinogens and chemicals produced by traditional cigarettes and start taking in more oxygen it only makes sense .
I also noticed within 6 hours of using electronic cigarettes, I decided to have a traditional cigarette real Smoke
First off the real smoke tasted dull and flavourless, it made my mouth feel dirty and pasty. I instantly felt tired and heavy, my head felt dizzy. The longer I went between having a real smoke these feelings increased every time would try to have a real smoke, and my desire to smoke a traditional cigarette decreased.

|

replied March 30th, 2009
I'm trying using the electronic cigarettes . So far, I have considerably cut my tobacco cigarette consumption, and I'm enjoying the various flavors without second hand smoke.
|

replied August 6th, 2009
The best replacement I know for smoking cigarettes are electronic cigarettes. Benefits of its are multiple: no secondhand smoke, bad breath, yellow teeth, smoke stains on walls. Its still give me my relaxing nicotine. I use them for 2 weeks and I’m very satisfied with the results. Advantage is that you save money and health problems. Try it! Smile
|

replied August 21st, 2009
Another 30 year heavy smoker here. Started using the electronic cigarette 57 days ago and have not had a 'real' cigarette in about 54 days. Almost painless. Now its not like smoking exactly but close enough to get you through.

HTH
|

replied June 11th, 2011
Is the electronic cigarette a safe alternative?
I tried e-smokes twice. each time i was significantly pale and sick for about a week. so of course i went back to reg. smokes. I went and saw my doctor and she told me both are not good anyway you put it. yes to a percentage they help them to quit but to the other half of the population they actually cost more. at some companies you Are looking at 150-200 to get one with a carton worth of refills but no one tells you that a refill is like a few puffs and gone. o and if you do it too much you throw up!!!! enough of that... i will say that with all that said i would try again if i had support. i like to smoke and that is why i personally got sick. i used it too much at a time. i guess two or three reg puffs of it is about the same as one real smoke. I advise if you are useing it to quit avoid those with real ones. my sister just quit in two weeks after smoking for 20 yrs. I hope I can do it. i do not think they are negative but i do think they need to learn more about them because that was one nasty side affect. i wish you the best of luck
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2011
Please be careful with the e-ciggs, talk to your doctor first. I tried them and I have high blood pressure,while using them I came very close to a heart attack. The amount of nicotine caused my blood pressure to rise to a very high level
|

replied June 16th, 2011
The e-cigs are a considerable option and yes they cut out a lot of the stuff regular cigs have in them, BUT nicotine isnt good for you either and as oldoldhen stated with having such a pure shot of it put into your system it can do more damage than good. Talk to your doctor to double check and if you get a green light try it out, but know that there is nothing that works good for everyone it may work wonders but it may make u sick. Me personally Im going to try them out, I had originally tried to get the prescription version of them but they are too expensive so I might try these regular comsumer versions.
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2011
New e-cigarettes are a Great Alternative, But Use Caution
Like all electronics, e-cigarette products are evolving constantly. There are many new products available that offer a pleasant tasting, long lasting vapor smoke experience. Many also include a nicotine step down line (e.g., from full flavor 18mg nicotine to ultra light 8mg nicotine.). Some even have a no nicotine version available after the step down.

As for cost comparisons, I've found that the products with a rechargeable system and replacement cartridges are cost prohibitive due to their heavy upfront price. There are however many new disposable e-cig products with no up front equipment costs. These products come fully charged & loaded. Most last up to 500 puffs which is comparable to 2 packs of traditional cigs. All of the disposable products I have seen have a suggested retail of $6.99 US or less. This makes them very cost effective compared to traditional cigs. Also, there are a few e-cig products now that react almost exactly like a real cig. e.g., they give you a full full *throat hit and last the full 500 puffs. I don't think I can list the manufacturers name here, but look for a product that has a small button you push, then inhale. It's the closest thing to a real cig (in taste plus action) I've ever found. As a suggestion search Google for "disposable electronic cigarette with button".

Exclamation One important note on e-cigs is that they should NEVER be used in conjunction with any other nicotine replacement therapy. This includes patches, gum or pills. Almost all e-cigs include nicotine which is now classified as a drug. Using e-cigs together with another replacement product could easily cause a nicotine overdose which is dangerous, (extremely so for people with heart conditions). Most e-cigs now have a label that shows how much nicotine (in mg's) the product has. Like any other consumer product, e-cigs should be used with common sense and a little caution.

Hope this helps. Smile

* A throat hit means the feeling you get from a real cigarette when you inhale and the smoke hits the back of your throat.
|

replied September 9th, 2011
I'm also very interessted in e-cigarettes but I'm from Montréal, Canada (1hr from plattsburg) and they are not for sale here! Other then the internet where are they available? In malls? Tabaco shops?
|

replied February 13th, 2012
Smoking
I have used the Zerocigs for 3 weeks now and i wanted to know if anyone knows how long you should use them before completely quit smoking. I want to completely be done with these dam cigarettes for good
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2012
eCIGS rock inc eliquid vape vape yayyyyyyyyyyy
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2012
Re: Electronic Cigarettes?
rainbow
imaginationx wrote:
Hello all,

This looks liek a great forum, and Im hoping someone may be able to help me.

Has anyone had any experience with electronic cigarettes? I've seen them on the news recently, and I think they may really be able to work for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jason
|

replied October 12th, 2012
Yeah, E-cigs are very good substitute product of smoking and is more safer than normal cigs. I have experienced one.
|