Hi, yesterday I was playing Ultimate Frisbee with friends. I reached out to block a pass, and instead got hit by the person throwing. I heard a crack sound, and felt immediate pain in my elbow. I can't completely straighten my arm, or bring my hand up to touch my shoulder. The pain is on the inside of my elbow. I went to the doctors today, and he thought I tore a tendon. I had x-rays taken, but they didn't seem to be pictures of the area that hurt so much (the pictures were of the outside of my elbow, and it hurts on the inside). Do you think I truly just tore a tendon? From all my research it seems that a tendon tear there (commonly referred to as Golfer's elbow)should not interfere with my elbow joint's movement. Do you think the doctor was right? Do you think it's something else? Should I go for a second opinion? Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Shelly,

Yeah, I'd go for a 2nd opinion and request an MRI of that elbow.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....