Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

EKG, chest X-rays and blood work ok, nothing helps

User Profile
I'm a 19 year old female. About 2 months ago on a Saturday night I had a Dunkin Doughnuts iced coffee (which I rarely have) and an hour later I felt super light headed and i felt like gas was filled in my chest, i had shortness of breath. That night I couldn't sleep at all because of the thought of what it was because I felt like I was dying so my mom took me to the urgent care and they did EKG, chest X-rays and blood work, everything came back perfect and i was told to calm down its just minor acid reflux and I sorta felt at ease.so as the week went on I started to burp like 200 times ever single day ( even up to today) and most of the time that would happen,shortness of breathe would accompany it as well. So after a week going to the urgent care I went back because the burping and shortness of breath. they did another EKG and everything was fine, they put me on this breathing machine to help with shortness of breathe and this mediation that made my throat numb when i swallowed it to settle my stomach. Nothing didn't really help i was still burping and i was super jittery from the breathing machine so they prescribed me to pepcid and i had that for a couple of days and it gave me horrible side effects so i stopped using it. As days went by, I've just been experiencing weird things with my body like, tinglyness, pressure in my head, lightheadedness, pressure in my chest, little pains in my chest ( mostly in the middle of my breasts), coughing and stuff like that. My parents tell me that I'm just overthinking too much and making all the other stuff happen to me. And then 2 week after the last urgent care visit i went to my primary care doctor and i described my symptoms and she said it sounds like some sorta stomach virus and she told me to drink Keifer milk and take probiotics and use saline spray for my nasal congestion so i did hoping its just a virus and itll go away. she said that if it doesnt go away in 5 days to come back to which i had to do because it didn't go away. I reexplained my symptoms and she said the symptoms im describing sound like acid reflux symptoms so she prescribed Prilosec 20mg and i had to do a H.Polyri test and blood work that checked my organs and they all came back good. I was on the Prilosec for 2 weeks it worked i felt a bit better, i still had some symptoms but I felt okay. I'm off it now and I get the burping again and chest pains and pressure and part of me feels like its my heart but I dont know and i also have some sinus congestion that i've had for almost a week. I'm supposed to see a GI doc next month. Please give me your insight. Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2016
Acid Reflux Answer A55825
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. These are symptoms of acid reflux and your recent dietary preferences worsened it. Modify diet lifestyle, eat small frequent meals, dont lie down after meal for at least 2 hours. Wait and see. Avoid stimulants, chocolates, sweets, spices etc. Visit our GERD health center for further guidance.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Coffee
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.