I'm bipolar, diagnosed at age 11. I've been dating this guy for a year now, and despite how rough my mental state gets, I try extremely hard to not act out on him. I have never randomly broke up with him, I bite my tongue or run away real fast if I feel myself about to say something harsh or something that will hurt him.
My last two medicines haven't worked. I was on Lexapro, and it did nothing. I was still depressed, irritated, moody, etc.
and now I've been on Wellbutrin for a month. It's helped with depression, but I need more then an anti-depressant so I can treat my other huge symptoms.
Because now that I'm not AS depressed ( I still randomly start crying ), but I'm still irritated ALL THE TIME, and I get urges to tell him not to touch me when he's trying to give me affection. I try real hard to ignore it, and feel myself shaking with anger when he's hugging on me, because I get angry at how happy and carefree he seems...and it makes me feel sick that I think that way.
It's a horrible RAGE, then there's my random crying, my distance, my lack of sleep, and then I get happy, but things ruin it real fast.

Basically, even though I hold myself back EXTREMELY HARD in order to keep him feeling loved and safe and happy, despite my issues right now,

I don't want to do that, I want to manage it and feel good.

So my thing is,
what would be a great combo for me?

Anti depressant + Anti Mood stabilizer

-or-

Anti depressant + Anti Psychotic
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 10th, 2009
Effective drug combo
You should be on an anti depressant and mood stabilizer. Anti psychotics are for psychotic episodes such as hallucinations. My son is bipolar.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...