Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

ED recovery, weight gain, loss of period, hair loss, mood

Hi, I'm new to this recovery thing and am not even sure if I qualified as anorexic but I realize I am underweight and have some symptoms of anorexia,( obsession with weight gain, loss of period, hair loss, mood swings) but I am anxious about gain I am weight and would like some advice on how many cal. I'll need to work up to and how fast. Btw I'm 5'4' and 92 pounds up from 89. I restricted before but never below 600-800 cal. and have been adding cals for the last two months. Now am up to about 1550 a day. Thanks for any advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2018
Hello and welcome to ehealth forum I have read your query and would like to answer

According to the information provided your weight is normal for your height so relax you’re doing well. An average women needs to take about 2000 calories in a day to maintain her weight but it depends on how many calories you utilise. So my advice for you is to stop worrying and eat healthy balanced diet and add exercise to your daily routine.
Ehealth forum is only for educational purposes and is not an alternate to medical consultation.
Best wishes,
Dr. Khalil
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.