User Profile
Hi, I am very worried that I have a possible ectopic pregnancy. I have and IUD and plan to see a doctor this week when my medical insurance kicks in. I have been having pelvic and low back pain on my right side, it's very uncomfortable. (back pain is similar to my pregnancy contractions) No bleeding though. I was looking to see if anyone has unfortunately had and ectopic pregnancy and if you could give me advice on what to look for?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Ectopic pregnancy does occur in case of woman having implant but the common features are pelvic pain with cramps,vaginal bleeding,dizziness,loose motions,pain during bowel movement etc.
It might be possible that if IUD has been present since long then it has been displaced which is a common complaint.A pelvic examination and laproscopic evaluation helps in ruling our ectopic if present and also would be helpful in exact diagnosis and ruling out the cause.Kindly visit a Gynaecologist to locate the IUD position and for evaluation.
Take care
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2011
Thank you. I just got my period. I'm feeling much better.
|

replied December 19th, 2012
Hi,
I found out I was pregnant the moment it happened, so i tried to get the morning after pill, but igot it later than the 3day after period, itoook it on the 4th day, which the instructions said that after 3 days the chances of it working went down... well a few weeks later imissed my period. itook 2 pregnancy tests and from what ican tell (they are confusing to read) they say im pregnant. ihavent had a period in aalmost 3months now , im going to the doctor in a fewdays but im concerned about ectopic pregnancy because of the morning after pill (people tell me it can cause ectopic pregnancy). havent really had that much pain, just a couple minor cramps here and there, no bleeding or spotting, but istill cant help but be worried Sad
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Complications during Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.