Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

ecgs and blood done, so worried about my heart.

User Profile
Hi for 2 weeks now I have had pain from my shoulder blade going down to my elbow area the pain is constant and like a dull ache. Also in my sterum I have had pain like a dull ache again both pretty constant. Ive had ecgs and blood work done come back ok. Ive had a chest xray a little shadow was found im on antibiotics going back to have another one. Plz help im

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2015
Chest Pain Answer A51392
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

If the EKG and chest x ray were normal then musculoskeletal problems should be treated. Naproxen or diclofenac along with a muscle relaxant such as tizanidine or orphenadrine citrate for at least 10 days. Vertebral and spinal cord relation should be excluded via a physical exam. If the problem persists despite these medication, an EMG and MRI depending on clinical evidence, can be done to look for a neurological cause.

wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Heart Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.