Hello everyone,

I am a working executive, working long hours and addicted to fast food, usually eating while I'm in the office. I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not and have got to a stage where I am unable to control my eating habit. Unfortunately, my weight is increasing and I'm being forced to buy clothes a size larger than normal. I can devote a little time to exercise, but is there a recommended safe way to lose weight? I've heard of all these diets, such as Atkins, that don't sound very healthy at all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Experienced User
You can try weight watchers. It is all about portion control. I just try to eat healthy, and I use portion control and I work out. I do well with it. There are alot of low calorie healthy foods that you could be eating. You can try vegetables, fruit, broth soups, chicken salads, chicken, etc. Try fat free foods and be active. It is worth it.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have thyroid function tests and fasting blood sugar to rule out organic cause.
If organic cause was not found then psychiatric evaluation would be needed.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied May 30th, 2019
Hey,these are simple way to stop unhealthy food :
Drink Water
Eat more Protein
Fight stress
Take Spinach Extract
Plan your meal
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2019
Eating a poor quality diet high in junk food is linked to a higher risk of obesity, depression, digestive issues, heart disease and stroke, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and early death. And as you might expect, frequency matters when it comes to the impact of junk food on your health.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.