Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Eating disorder and cutting/burning myself

I have an eating disorder whereby I can't eat in a public place or with people. My family don't know about it but I'm getting worse. What happens is I have a panic attack then I feel sick and no longer hungry. Not sure whether this is the right place to post this but I have also been cutting and burning myself, I feel so down all the time and I never get any relief from my life. I want to die but I'm too much of a wimp to attempt it I want to be happy and healthy but my life is in a downward spiral please help I don't know what to do anymore :'(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2014
Experienced User
That's devastating and awful situation. Hope you can talk to a friend or a counselor to address your problem. You may have eating disorders and do not want to get fat. Or you have emotion or mental problem. You may engage to some physical activities to boost you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....