Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Eat Ashitaba and heal hypertension and Diabetes

3Months ago, my BP is 160/100. I am taking Losartan 100g in the morning and amlodipine 10mg at night..

Last year, I'm only taking Losartan 50mg in the morning. My BP become ok. Then after a while, my BP rise up again. Then my doctor increase the dosage to Losartan 100mg. BP become ok. Then after a while, my BP rise up. My doctor add Amlodipine 10mg at night. BP become ok. Then after a while, BP rise up again. It is 160/100. I have an old story of hypertension.
This is my story
My blood pressure is 200/120 and I’m dying

So I realized I need to take ashitaba again but this time for convenience I take ashitaba capsules. After 3months, my BP is normal at 120/80. I will continuously take it and slowly reduce my BP maintenance meds as my BP go down.

Simultaneously my blood sugar is going down that my insulin injection is 60units daily went down to 20units. My metformin from 1700mg went down to 1000mg.

I believe how it is to be helpless and got healed. I want to share the good news and renewed hope that something really works.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 24th, 2017
The link was removed so I'll just paste my story below.

In 2013, I was dying. My blood pressure is at 200/120 and I’m not responding to oral medicine. My BP doesn’t leave the 200/120 reading even if I take Catapress 70mg. I have even took 5 pcs of Catapress in a day but it doesn’t lower my BP. Take note that I am taking my regular oral BP maintenance for that matter but nothing is bringing down my BP. I was even confined in the hospital for 3 weeks but I signed the waiver form to get out of the hospital because there’s no improvement and the doctors doesn’t seem to bring it down; (but this is a different story).

At that point, I knew I was dying because I’m no longer responding to medicine. So I called my mother and tell her ‘Nay mauna na ko sa yo’ (Mom I’m going ahead of you). At first. she didn’t realize what I meant by those words but soon as she understand the message she immediately say I’ll visit you. My neighbors here who are hypertensive are eating Ashitaba leaves as their maintenance and it does help in healing them. I’ll bring you these plant so you can eat the leaves and you can plant it so you have a regular supply of these leaves. It’s very easy to grow.

The next day my mother is at my place, gave me the plant and pray over me. I’m not used on munching leaves but I did (felt like a goat). I still take my maintenance BP meds. Slowly my blood pressure went down month after month and after 6 months, my BP is normal at 120/80.
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Ashitaba is a herbal remedy from a Japanese plant but its use an indication is not recommended alone. Yes you can use it as an alternative therapy along with your antihypertensive medication and give it a try for its antioxidative, antihypertensive properties and it may help to some degree. But using it only to bring blood pressure down that dramatically is exaggeration and nobody is going to believe that and should be avoided because it may mislead hypertensive patient and make him commit a mistake which may cost him a life.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.