Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Who has read the book??

I highly recommend it. I noticed a few posters in other threads also recommending this book.

If you want to stop smoking then I suggest this book. It does what all the other methods do not. It changes your thinking about smoking. Which is the most important element in stopping smoking. Using nicotine patches, or drugs that make you sick(stupid and unnecessary) get rid of the craving, while the book gets rid of the mentality that you need cigarettes in your life.

I am pushing this book because it works, it is cheap, and there is nothing to lose. I get nothing for making this post. Go on the net and buy the book second hand if you can. I do not care where you get the book. Just get the book before it is too late. If you wanna stop smoking EASY WAY will save you.

Others of you that have read the book please make comments here letting me know if you found the book as great as I did.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Makoto
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
What are some of the key lessons, Makoto?

replied October 1st, 2008
Stop smoking..
You mean to say this book makes a psychologically impact on mind to stop smoking..?
|

replied October 1st, 2008
Experienced User
I am not a Representative of the book. I am not even going to apologize for the book. For the amount of money you spend on cigarettes, the book is a steal at regular price. But again, you might be able to get it second hand on amazon or some place. For the amount of money you will spend on patches, gums, crazy drugs that will make you sick to your stomach, and what not, the book is the first and best way you should go.

If it does not work for you, then there are other methods. Are you ready to quit, is what you should be asking yourself. Not if I am crazy or if the book is about mind control or some stupid thing like that.

The book explains what smoking really is. It gives you the truth about things. To better explain it, what you think you know about nicotine addiction, you do not. Just read the book what do you have to lose??? If you are already quit, or have stopped smoking, what does it matter. One more way for people to get clear of the nicotine addiction is not a bad thing people.

In the end, read the book or not. I do not care. But, if you ever do read the book, then you will feel exactly like I do. If you do not believe me, just go on facebook, punch in "allen carr" or "easy way" and see what comes up. Go from there.

If your really want to be free from cigarettes do not get fooled into thinking it is a hard and painful fight. How would anyone want to quit smoking if they knew they would have to suffer long and hard to give up something they think gives them pleasure. Think of it in reverse. Just think that cigarettes are not pleasurable, and it only takes a very short time to give them up . Lastly, it is easy to do.

Does a cigarette taste good??? Like candy? Coffee? Like a good steak?? Like a nice orange?? If you have too much candy,coffee,steak,oranges,does your tounge feel like a rat crawled in your mouth and died the next morning?? Again, does a cigarette taste good.

Read the book. You will be better off in many many ways. You can get in on the internet in many forms. But it only costs $10 so there is not excuse in not getting the book. But again if you can get it second hand, or for free. I do not care. Just get the book before you try any other method. If it does not work, fine. For you tinfoil cap people it will not make you sell your car and home and join a cult.
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2008
Advanced Support Team
Fair enough. Thanks for the reference!

replied October 5th, 2008
Experienced User
Still no replies from anyone who has read the book???
|

replied April 28th, 2011
I've read the book - and it's my MIRACLE !! I sometimes still can't believe that I stopped smoking so very easily after 25 yrs !! No weight gain, no cravings, no mood swings. It was a beautiful thing.

When I bought the book on a Wed, I just dubious as to whether it would actually work. I started reading it that day, and lo and behold, I was smoke-free forever by Friday. It was the best $15 I ever spent!!

The book uses what is known as 'cognitive therapy', and is written by a man (Mr Allen Carr)who smoked 3 packs/day for over 30 yrs, until he developed this program.

If you or anyone you love wants to stop smoking (and that's all it takes - to want to stop), get them this book!!

btw - Big Tobacco kept this book out of North America for over 10 yrs (people had to order it from overseas), which I found intriguing enough to buy the book - and now I know WHY they did that - the book works!!

Also, the EasyWay to Stop Smoking has a scientifically documented 75% success rate - whereas patches and gums have an approx 6 to 8% success rate.

Good luck everyone!! Get this book!!!!!!!!!
|

replied October 7th, 2008
I did begin to read the book... but managed only several dozens of pages, unfortunatelly. Actually now I am trying to stop smoking, though have been doing it for 8 years already... I just need to stop due to some health problems.
As for the book, my frinds who read it really stopped smoking.. The main concept of the book is something like "smoke! while you read, smoke!". In some way it seems to be helpfull, will try
|

replied October 7th, 2008
Experienced User
My advice to you is read the book, and do it quickly. Follow the rules. If that does not work, then try Chantix or whatever you want.

Your book is the best bet. Good luck to you in what ever you choose. The sooner the better. There will never be a perfect time to quit, until it is too late. Do it before it ever becomes too late. Ask yourself, what do you have to lose? And then ask yourself what do you have to gain? BTW, cigarettes do not taste good. Next time you have one, really ask yourself, do they taste good?? If they taste good, why did you get sick the first time you had a cigarette? Why not smoke 2 or 3 at one time if they taste that good.

Again good luck. Just change your mindset a bit and you can kick those things easy enough.
|

replied January 17th, 2009
I just read this book
Hi,

I just read the Easyway to Stop Smoking. I think it is genius. There is one part I do not agree with. The bit about the physical withdrawals being insignificant. When I tried to quit cold turkey several years ago I became very ill for several days. Coughing, headache, nausea, sore throat, flu like symptoms so I do NOT believe the physical withdrawal is nothing. I was wearing the patch when I read it and still am. I started the patch because I had to have my wisdom teeth out and couldn't smoke as they were healing. Being on the patch wasn't so bad and I didn't find myself in agony even though I was not smoking. I did some google searches online about quitting smoking and noticed this book mentioned many times.

After reading this book I am not worried about the psychological effects of not smoking. But I am NOT sold on the idea that the physical withdrawal symptoms ar hardly noticeable. NOT my experience.

Those are my thoughts on the book.
|

replied May 2nd, 2011
misscurley: I really think that the reason you felt so ill was due to wearing the patch, probably for the first time, and at the strongest dose. Combine that with having had a surgical procedure in having your wisdom teeth removed - and you were practically guaranteed to be ill. People have died and had heart attacks wearing those patches, as well.

After 25 yrs of smoking, I had NO physical symptoms at all - I was just smiling ear-to-ear over my freedom from nicotine addiction!!

I also wanted to point out that you are the only poster I have ever seen who claimed to be ill from nicotine withdrawal. When I take this into account with the patch and wisdom teeth removal, and yeah, you were gonna be sick, either way. I hope you're okay now.

The reason I had to post this to refute your statement is that it goes against everything in the book. I don't want people to think that that's going to happen to them, because it won't.
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks for your reply.

For me the physical withdrawal was not much at all. Actually nothing, but we are all made differently. But just the same, to go through flu like symptoms to feel how great I do not that I do not smoke would be worth it.

Especially if you consider that cancer and the pain that causes is far worse than flu like symptoms.

BTW, you know the patch is breaking one of the rules of the book. But, good luck. Remember to read the book or parts of the book from time to time for a while.

If it all falls apart, pick up the book again in 6 months time, after thinking about where you went wrong, and try again. To be honest, it took me two real attempts at reading the book. The first one appeared to work on the surface, but actually my thinking was wrong.

The second time I read the book I knew where I went wrong, and I was able to be successful this time around.

Just remember no matter what you do, do not put another one of those dirty, freedom destroying, worrisome, cancer causing, expensive, smelly, disgusting things in your mouth again. There is nothing to be gained by smoking. Absolutely nothing, there are no benefits at all. So, just tell yourself, not another cigarette in your mouth ever again. No nicotene in your body ever again. You keep that in mind, and you will be safe forever.

Good luck.
|

replied January 19th, 2009
The book
i don't agree with the book that physical withdrawal is nothing i just don't. and rereading it is not going to change that.

but after reading the book i actually do want to quit smoking. i haven't felt that way for 7 years. and for me that's the most important thing.

i don't think that not following one of the "instructions" is going to make me fail.

no one can make me fail but me.
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
No matter what, I hope you are able to make the break. Good luck.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
I have just finished the book and have found such a freedom in the change to the way i think about smoking.

The book debunked my dearly held belief that i get something from smoking that i enjoy. As I sat on the stairs and smoked as I read (the book says you must keep smoking until you finish and have the right head space to stop forever) i found it harder and harder to follow that instruction.

The book asked me to consciously smoke every cigarette instead of doing it automatically, and to experience it fully. Did i really like the taste? (well, no it's foul). Did I really feel that I could not enjoy a break without it? (Well no, because i have to wave the smoke away from myself when i smoke so i don't stink so bad when i go in). etc etc.

That's the least of it. the book shows us the difference between what is real about smoking and what we have come to believe about it through being addicted, and through our childhood/teen/adult exposure to social/media/advertising etc. Eg: that it relaxes me, that it makes me feel more confident, etc.

The book showed me that the only reason i haven't succeeded in stopping smoking in the past was because I have always believe that smoking gives me something. That to stop, i would be sacrificing something (and therefore jealous of other smokers when I was not one).

Get the book. By the way - I'm still not supposed to have stopped smoking because I'm not quite there yet - but I can't smoke. When i sit down to have one, I think - there's no freakin way I'm gonna be a sucker and stick this in my mouth! I don't want it, I definitely don't need it, and frankly - NO. It's been about three days without a cigarette so far and I still feel that way. I get the desire to go have one, and because I'm supposed to (and am addicted) I go to do it - but can't.

So - get the book. It works. I was a smoker for 25 years and listen to me now! Sheesh. What a waste of my life and lungs spending so long believing that I 'got something' out of smoking. Dang. /shakes head ruefully.

By the way - the physical withdrawal for me is exactly what the book said. It's mild as anything. Feels like hunger, and I find myself getting up to get a cig without thinking. On the first day I was irritable - and then I saw that it was because i'd started to think i was missing out on somthing by not smoking. As soon as I acknowledged that thought, and changed it - no irritability. And I'm not even supposed to have stopped yet. That's how powerful changing our thinking is - It's effortless because I no longer am brainwashed into thinking I even want, let alone need, the filthy things. Addiction is addiction. Once you break it - it's gone. Brainwashing about cigarettes in the mind of the smoker, is far more powerful than the addiction. It's the brainwashing that the book gets rid of. The physical withdrawal is not enough to make a strong willed smoker fail to stop smoking - it's the head stuff. The book gets rid of that.
|

replied February 1st, 2010
Yes, that was a great information shared here. Thanks for sharing. By the way I have stopped smoking through various hypnosis sessions and hypnotherapy from thoughtsbecomereality.co.uk. After trying various hypnosis sessions I found tremendous improvement in my self confidence and self control. And I got a good control to quit smoking.
|

replied February 6th, 2010
Thank God one poster named the name of the book.All through the posts I was reading about the book, yet no one mentions a title of the book. LOL Thank you misscurley for actually stating the NAME of the book.
|

replied February 17th, 2010
Hey so that was February 1st so it must have been at least 16 days since I stopped smoking...easy. 25 years I was smoking (I hate admitting that).

I read the book, made an effort to understand what it was telling me, and stopped smoking. No difficulty, no cravings except for a couple of times for the first few days of getting up automatically and having to say to myself "why are you going for a smoke - you don't enjoy it, you don't like doing it, it gives you nothing - not relaxation, doesn't relieve boredom, doesn't taste nice". (All that to realise it's just an addiction and not some friend of mine that's special to me). So. Read the book. Stop smoking. It's easy.

By the way - with this method you remove all that head stuff about it being a sacrifice to stop smoking. I don't feel like I've given up an old mate that's been with me all through the years. I feel like I've finally seen through the crap I built up around smoking. I don't miss it. I don't feel nostalgic for it. I don't secretly wish I could have one, one day. Never again. All that stuff is the lies we have in our heads. Easy to get rid of - read the book. It's a deadly addiction and you can stop, easily, with no regrets, no depression, no difficult cravings, no nothing. Good luck!
|

replied April 27th, 2011
Well, I guess the simple way to stop smoking is to have a self discipline. Self discipline which means if he really want to quit smoking, he will discipine her/his self not to smoke and find any other foods or candy to forget that you smoke once in your life.
|

replied April 28th, 2011
The above this is ridiculous.

Stopping smoking is not a matter of self-discipline!!

Nicotine is one of the strongest, most addictive substances known to mankind. To be able to stop smoking forever, and do it easily with this book, is a miracle - so quit being so silly and judgmental.
|

replied April 29th, 2011
This book may be useful. But i still believe if anybody wants to stop smoking from his heart he can. I suggest people to keep him busy in works when he or she feels the thrust. Or they began to play an interesting COMPUTER OR VIDEO game, or watching an interesting move, or do some physical exercise.
|

replied May 16th, 2011
Hey, udderperfection - you must be udderly insane if you think "keeping yourself busy" is good enough advice.

"stop smoking from your heart" - seriously, that's just silly. The WILL to stop smoking just isn't enough. Have you ever even smoked in your life? geesch.
|

replied May 18th, 2011
I've read the book you can find in her amazing stuff.
|

replied May 31st, 2011
Every one should participate in anti smoking campaign
|