Hey everyone,

For about two years now i have had problems with my ears and nose. My ears are either blocked completely, or are popping all the time. There is ear pain as well and i have stabbing pains in ear and all around my head. I have more or less constant sinus pressure and my nose is not blocked but feels as if my nasal passages are swollen. I have tried a few steroid sprays steaming etc to no avail. I also have a numb/tingling sensation which goes from the top of the right side of my head down my face (more towrds my ear) and seem to have a permanent headache. My neck feels like i need to crack it all the time to releive pressure and i just feel like my whole head is "blocked". I also seem to have problems swallowing sometimes. Its like the food gets trapped in my throat and doesn't go down fully. I also wake up feeling nauseous, EVERY morning. I cant take much more, this is causing panic attacks and depression, i need some relief and any advice is welcome.

My full sympathy to anyone with these or similar symptoms, my family think im "putting it on" and over-reacting when i say it makes me anxious, not a helpful view point when its ruling your life!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2009
Ah yes, forgot to mention the tinnitus as well, either that or the sound of my heart beating.
|

replied May 25th, 2009
wow i got the same sort of thing why hasnt anyone diagnosed this yet
|

replied May 25th, 2009
What have the docs said about your problem?
|

replied May 25th, 2009
i never went to the docs
|

replied May 29th, 2009
ear blocking
I have had the same thing the blocking ringing, anxiety, etc- started with my pregnancy and has not stopped since! I have had endoscopy of sinus, mri of head, brain, sinus, tests for acoustic neuroma-- all came back as "normal"- just with marked inflammation of the tissues. Always worst around my period. I had a very bad allergy attack which almost put me in the hospital, and the doctor said he thinks I have nasal polyps. Referred to allergist for further examination... so maybe I will finally have an answer. In the meantime accupuncture has actually helped a lot... and also scar tissue reduction ( I had tmj surgery) -- b vitamins have also helped. let me know if you find aything out- ill post here if i do! good luck
|

replied May 29th, 2009
Hey there,
I think all this has something to do with ears ,sinus,allergies.
I am not stupid I know because some ppl sometimes tell me that as well, Ohh I am making it up bla bla, but I am not making it up cus I know myself when I feel well how I am.
There is something going on here.

I cant even pop my ears at all, not even once, if I just try a little I feel absolutely horrible, I feel so tired afterwards that I think Im gonna pass out.
So there is some kind of blockage going on in our heads which is making us feel absolutely horrible,, and ye of course u get anxious and depressed if u see ur body not being able to function as it should!
Its just normal.

Do u feel fatigue too. Is it sudden onset sometimes? For me sometimes its so sudden that I get very panicy!!!!
I have to try to control that now!!!

This is horrible really.
I have been using nasal spray too for about 10 days now and nothing yet. no improvement.

I have ent appointment in next weeks, see where we go.

Good luck everyone
|

replied May 29th, 2009
i think my problem is wisdom teeth b/c mine are coming in im 17 and have to get them removed soon (ill update then) when i went for the x ray off the teeth the guy said that one of them was into my nasal something
|

replied December 28th, 2009
I have the same problem,,,,finally went to the dentist! Needed a root canal...so happy I figured it out, but mad that the 5+ doctor visits didn't recommend seeing a dentist.

Good luck. This is the most annoying thing EVER!~
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....