I have a sensation of ear fullness and I hear low pitched sound in my left ear for over an hour.

I had been leaning my head on my left hand which was right under my left ear for some time (possibly cutting circulation to the ear?) when suddenly I felt a noise going lower until reached a low point and hasn't stopped completely. It has reduced slightly in intensity but it is still there. Besides this my ear feels warm inside.

I've had this before but only lasting a couple of seconds perhaps my ear adjusting itself or something or a slight change in blood pressure. But this is lasting a long time. I'm a bit worried!

If I cover my ear I hear a low pitch ringing, no pulsation just a constant ringing.

What could this be? A cochlear stroke? Sign of a stroke? Brain tumor?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2009
i have something similar and it just turns out to be tinitus in my right ear. however sometimes i do get it in my left ear in which i am loosing my hearing. something to do with the small bones of my ear.

if i were you, id have a chat with your nurse/gp
best of luck hun
sydney
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Were you listening to loud noises or music? That can cause tinnitus (ringing in the ears). It could also be fluid in there or wax build-up, high blood pressure, a reaction to a medication or over-the-counter drug you are taking, or a lot of other things.

Don't worry so much about it being serious, because most of the time it isn't.

I agree with Sydney. You need to go see your doctor and have this looked at if it lasts for more than a couple of days. If the doctor dismisses it or can't find the cause, go see an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. Just stop thinking that it is a tumor or stroke. Why do people always assume the worst?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....