User Profile
What can I do about mild feeling in my ears and tension headache?

I have a mild feeling in my ear, like air trapped. Sometimes I get flare ups where the pressure gets heavy, aches, or itchess. Sometimes I get humming sound.

Sonetimes out of the blue I get a feeling where the volume goes down, ringing in thd ear then feel lightheaded, like I'm going to faint. It only lasts a few second.

I also get tension headache and tension in the ear and behind nose and eyes.
Its annoying when driving, going into an office environment or siop, or at home on a pc.
Glasses don't work. Had nasal sprays to reduce inflammation in sinuses in ear which doctor said there was a lot of.

It didn't do much.

I get clumsy, elevators and escalators give me dizzy deelinfs and heavy headed. Not like before.

Right now its very very mild, so unsure if I should get checked.
This has been going on and off for about a year now.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2018
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A64574
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

An ENT consultation is required To assess for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and menierre s disease Which can present with these symptoms. If there is evidence of sinusitis contributing to the headache then antibiotics with the decongestants should be added for at least 2 to 3 weeks

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.