User Profile
how can i jgauge my ears with out it hurtin so freakn badly
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Ack6464
|

replied January 17th, 2011
Slowly!
Lol. It will hurt no matter what, but the best way to do it is very slowly so your holes can heal between sizing. Every time I would go up a size I'd wait at least a week until there was no pus or redness or itching then I'd move to the next size. People think they can just shove a big tapered gauge through a 12 or 10g and skip a few sizes. Don't do that. You'll blow out the back of your ear and it won't heal for months plus it will leave scar tissue that will make your lobes much harder to stretch. I'm a zero and it took me about a year to get them that big because you want to do it the right way.

ALWAYS wash your earring with antibacterial (I prefer dial it helps heal quickly) hand soap before you try going up, and your ears as well. After you force the new size in your ears, it will hurt. No matter what. You can numb it with some ice but that's about it, but if you wait for it to heal long enough it won't hurt as much either. Anyway, after you have your new size in wash your ears with the antibacterial soap 2-3 times a day for at least a week or two, until there is no more redness, crustiness, itching, or pain. It also helps the healing process if you do a salt water soak 1 or two times a day. Just mix up a small cup of warm water with some sea salt and soak your lobes for a good 3-5 minutes. This helps tremendously. I would also suggest not using any plastic gauges until you are fully healed. From my experience the plastic ones irritate the skin too badly and slow the healing. I always used glass or stone gauges because they are not porous and irritating. Anyway, hope I helped. Don't do it if you don't plan on keeping them the rest of your life! Once you're a 0 or a 2 there's no going back!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: ear, skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....