Medical Questions > Mental Health > Dyslexia Forum

dyslexia? about 4 years ago I started replacing words

I have always had good vocabulary and grammar, yet about 4 years ago I started replacing word when writing or typing. I would be thinking of a word but write or type a different word. Sometimes it would be similar by a few letters or be a different word. Also occasionally I will look at a word, know what it is, it's meaning, and know how to use it. Yet it's spelling and look will be unknown to me, like a different language. I was wondering what this might be but was not sure in which topic to place, anyone have any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe you need to be evaluated for dyslexia. There are people specialised and neurolinguistics who can help you find out the problem.

Take care.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dyslexia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.