Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding & Pregnancy

Hello,
I have been off birth control since July 2008. I believe I never really ovulated. In April 2009, i got diagnosed for Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding at which point i was told that I need to go back on birth control for 3 months to "control my cycle." I have been trying to get pregnant since last year. Now i am approaching the end of the last cycle of birth control pills and would like to know..
will i start ovulating again?
will i need fertility drugs?
doctors never explain this to you, so i just wanted some insight on this matter.
any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Rani
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
i was diagnosed with dyfunctional uterine bleeding the beginning of february. i had surgery in march, a hysteroscopy (camera in uterus) and d&c (scraping of the lining of the uterus). i m currently on birth control pills now to regulate my period. this is my second month being on the pills. i always thought about what will happen when i get off the pill, will my period go back to normal or will it bleed for weeks, or months.
when they diagonosed you with D.U.B theyre basically saying they dont know why we are bleeding, we dont have cancer, fibroid tumors, no infection. they dont know the reason. birth control just covers up the problem it doesnt fix it so who knows what happens when we get off the pill. i scared to because i've been through a lot with my menses.
but i m going to research this to find out what happened to other women in our situation has done.
if i found anything out i'll let you know.
|

replied June 20th, 2009
thank you. i appreciate it. I have searched high and low for this and have found nothing. I blame BCP for this to begin with. I am guessing i never ovulated and my lining just built up so i started randomly shedding it and bleeding.. all obgyn's suggested birth control pills, but no one helped figure out why i am not ovulating.
Iam sorry that you too are going thru this. Its nice to have found someone else in this matter.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....