Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Dx with Plantar Fasciitis various times for probably 6 years

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
User Profile
My doctor diagnosed me with Plantar Fasciitis last summer. I am having very similar symptoms as I did then, now. I am under a lot of pain when I flex my foot (especially while walking). I am trying to get a job for the summer but am afraid that my foot pain will make it too difficult to do any job that requires long hours of standing. This sort of issue has been going on every year at various times for probably 6 years now. I have not ever seen a podiatrist but I am considering it as I get plantar fasciitis what seems like every year. I saw a massage therapist for it a while back and I got some kinesiology tape put on it but that didn't seem to do very much. It is mostly my right foot at this time and I have a foam roller I roll under my foot and I do some very simple stretches multiple times a day with 10 reps each of pulling my toes back 10 times and then resting and repeating throughout the day. I am open to any suggestions. I have a new pair of Mizuno shoes I am wearing.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2017
Foot Disorders Answer A61334
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Its likely plantar fascitis. Treatment is supportive with pain killers, physiotherapy sessions. COnsult a pain management expert and let them relieve your pain.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.