Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > ALS, Lou Gehrig Disease Forum

dx with BFS due to bodywide twitching. ALS concern

About 7 yrs ago I was diagnosed with BFS due to bodywide twitching. The last 2 weeks I have had twitching that keeps coming in the same spot on my left arm. I am concerned about ALS. I am still getting twitches in other parts of my body as well but it keeps happening in the same spot in my arm (muscle under wrist pinky side of the arm) I did have a neuro appt this week (of course no twitching at that time) & she said it could be bfs or something else brewing.I do not have any weakness or wasting in my arm/hand. I do have brisk reflexes but always have (2/3 whatever that means) & cramps in my calves that have come & gone for yrs.I had an emg on left arm & leg in Apr 2015 & one on rt arm in Feb 2016. All good just mild carpal tunnel in both arms. I have a herniated disc in my C5. Babinski is negative & I see neuro in 3 months unless weakness develops. Does this seem like ALS? If it is BFS how long can it last? Is there anything I can do to help it go away? What else could be brewing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2019
Hi Julb
It’s been 2 years since your post... how are you now ? I’ve been having the twitches all over for the last 6 weeks ... anxiety is getting the better of me till I can get tested.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....