Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Duphaston 10mg ( Irregular Menstruation )

Good day everyone.

I got my period last May 20 and expected next on June 30 because I usually have regular span of 28-30 days. But, I missed my period last June 20 and had it last July 3. almost 1 1/2 week late. But, from July 3 until now I've seen spotting which is light brown in color. It is my first time to experience this. I dunno if it is because I started detox diet last June 21 and lost almost 3kgs in 2 weeks. I went to my OB and she told me to us Duphaston for irregular menstruation. I am married and TTC. I am now on my 2nd day of taking this duphaston. It's driving me crazy reading some side effects like usual headaches, spotting, and WEIGHT GAIN. Anyone here took duphaston and gained weight? And by the way, I need to take this for 12days as per my OB's advise. When will I get my next period and how will I know if I am fertile since next month my husband will have his vacation in my country. This is the only time we can try again but I am under this med. Is it still possible for me to get pregnant?

Please help me answer my questions.
Thanks in Advance,
Ice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Duphaston is progesterone and it can be taken when you are trying to conceive. It should regularize your period. You should try for conception close to ovulation. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary. It usually occurs regularly, around day 14 of a 28-day menstrual cycle. You can note down few signs of ovulation like during ovulation the cervical mucus(discharge) increases and is of watery or raw egg white consistency; there is increase in basal body temperature; breast tenderness. It can be detected by an OPK (Ovulation predictor test kit) which is tested with the help of urine.

If the irregularity persists then you may need to get an evaluation done for irregular periods to determine its cause. A semen analysis for your husband may also need to be done.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.