Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

dull to sharp aching pain along the length of my spine

I first started getting pain at 13 and i didn't think much of it, but now i'm 16 and it consumes my daily life. it started as a dull ache in my lower back, but now has spread and changed to be a sharp aching pain that goes from my lower back, just about my hips, all the way up to the base of my neck. i've had nerve tests, an MRI, xrays, and other tests but no cause has been revealed. i wake up every morning in pain and go to sleep in pain. i've done massage therapy, physical therapy, and even acupuncture, but nothing has worked. i've all but given up on ever changing how i feel. i was a competitive swimmer until last year when this pain sidelined me. i was practicing about 30 hours a week, and was in the best shape of anyone i knew outside of my sport. that may be the major cause of this pain, but i havent been in a pool for 8 months and there's been no relief. in fact it's only gotten worse. i have no idea what i have, and neither does any rhuematologist, neurologist, or any other doctor i've seen.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 10th, 2013
Active User, very eHealthy
have you been screened for scoliois which is a sideways bending of your spine
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...