Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Dull ache in kidney

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I have posted before but am going to repost this question. I am 22 years old and have had a dull ache sort of pressure like in my right kidney and abdomen for about a week and a half its not really painful just a bit annoying sometimes. Im also agoraphobic so am avoiding doctors at all costs, I have no idea what it is but its also giving me a sort of cramp in the top of my leg as well does anyone have any ideas? I realise I need medical help but some ideas would ease my mind a little
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper goingthruit

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2017

Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

Having Right upper abdominal or lower chest pain, or pain in the side - can be due to the following ‎causes:- ‎‎

‎1. Musculoskeletal pain‎
‎2. Acute Hepatitis
‎3. Gall stones or cholecystitis. ‎
‎4. Lower lobe Pneumonia ‎
5. Renal stones
‎6. Colitis ‎
‎7. Intra Abdominal abscesses. ‎

For the time being, you can take OTC medications like Advil, to control the pain. Antacids (Tums, mylanta) can help to control the acidity, associated with gastritis. Bismuth tablets can help to reduce the spasmodic pain.

But for a proper diagnosis of your condition, a physical examination by your doctor and a few tests including X ray , ultrasound or CT might be needed.

Hence you may consult with your doctor for the same.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: ache, kidney, abdomen
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.