Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I have been sick since last wednesday with like a cold or flu. It started with a sore throat, fever, and headache. I also had a sore neck and felt sick to my stomach. Now I feel a lot better, but I still have a little headache, my throat is still kinda sore and my mouth is so dry. It has been dry since the beginning but has gotten worse. I have been trying to drink a lot, and suck on hard candies. I stopped taking the cold medicine, but it's still so dry. It's hard to chew and swallow, and even had to talk sometimes. What is wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2009
Supporter
I don't know if you have autoimmune disease but I do and I have what is called sjorgens..Extreme dryness..If this is your cse as well you will need to contact your PCP or your Rheumatologist for medicense..To eat take in very light foods and nothing dry like breads or thick foods..Hot drinks such as tea or hot chocholate might help throat feel better..When yo drink something cold that constricts your throat and can make it harder to swallow..Be sure to call or see your doctor-possible to have strept also..Even if you are coming off one thing you can get another with body weakened..
|
Did you find this post helpful?