I hope I'm posting this in the right section?

Hello Everyone,

My hands get really dry and they feel like if I open my hand all the way, my hand will crack.

It's starting to get very annoying.

Is there any thing that will actually cure whatever condition this is?

Something I can use throughout the day that is NOT greasy.

I hate it when I put on something and I can't open the door.

I will put it on a couple times a day and at night before I go to bed

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2008
Supporter
Dry skin is common. It happens more often in the winter when cold air outside and heated air inside cause low humidity. Here are some recommendations for dealing with dry skin:

* Take fewer and shorter baths. When you bathe, avoid hot water.
* Moisturize your skin immediately after bathing in order to prevent the skin from drying.
* Avoid overdrying wet skin. Try patting your skin dry.
* Avoid excessive use of soap. Try a soapless cleanser.
* Don't overheat your house, and use a humidifier if you live in a dry climate.
* Use bath oils and moisturizers at least daily. Thick, greasy moisturizers work best. Avoid products with alcohol. Apply just after a bath or shower, when your skin is still damp.
* Use a humidifier if the air is dry.
* Drink plenty of water throughout the day.

One lotion that I particularly like is "Bond's Gold cream"...I think that's the name . It IS greasy, but it works!
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
There are three differentials.
1. Dry skin
2.Tinea
3.Eczema
I would suggest you combination of antifungal and hydrocortisone ointment.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.