Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

dry eyes and somewhat thirstiness

User Profile
I have been experiencing dry eyes and somewhat thirstiness , like after walking or climbing 2-3 series of stairs very quickly. Out of panic I got a urine test done. But the results are completely I have no sugar in urine. Or for that matter anything else. A blood test done In Feb 2015 showed that I had 123 mg/dl of sugar 3-4 hrs after eating. I have Asian indian ethnicity and am 18 years of age. I have not experienced any other symptoms. Do I need to worry?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2015
Diabetes Answer A54179
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. except for the dry eyes you have everything under control Use some lubricant eye drops and seek an ophthalmologist to rule out the cause of these dry eye symptoms .

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.