Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

dry, cracked and irritated fingers, now blisters?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I've been having dry, cracked and irritated fingers, now I have blisters that are watery and oily.

Any ideas what it can be?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2011
Skin Answer A28272

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.The symptoms are suggestive of contact dermatitis or dyshidrotic eczema or pompholyx. Wash the areas several times with fresh water.

Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Other treatment options include antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin, topical and oral steroids and plenty of emollients. But these are available by prescription.

So I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: skin
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.