User Profile
Hello, please help me with what I'm feeling on my skin. I've been experiencing dry and ashy skin. It all began with a little bump on my finger after I woke up one morning. It itch and I ignored it because I thought it was a bug bite. Few days later my fingers are all swollen, pores are huge, and itchy. They look somewhat red but I can't tell. My mustache then began to be red with small bumps; my pores were bigger than usual. It itches and is often oily. My elbows itch here and then and as well as my eyebrows. The sides of my lips feel itchy. I've been stressed for days thinking I've contracted something. I've also seen that my arms can get oily and my pores look big, it's itching as well. I haven't been in poison ivy or anything, I started my new job in retail I'm not sure if that's a factor. Could it be by shaking someone's hand? Please respond back asap if possible. Thank you please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2017
Skin Answer A61945
Welcome to e health forum.

The description provided is inadequate to make a exact pin point diagnosis. A physical examination of the lesion would be very essential in this regard.

It is possible that you are referring to infective conditions like cellulitis associated with skin infections. Additional conditions like atopic dermatitis may also be possible.

You might benefit by consulting with a dermatologist or your primary doctor for a examination and appropriate treatment. Antibiotics and antihistamine may be prescribed by your doctor to treat the underlying infection and reduce the inflammatory reaction.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.