Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Drug interaction causing electrolyte imbalance ?

User Profile
Can Tekturna HCT \\\\ Clonidine HCTZ combination cause electrolyte imbalances ... I.E. low potassium and\\\\or magnesium? I\\\'ve just been having fairly frequent palpatations, cramps, what I would describe as asthma attacks, etc. My Dr. actually wants me to take the Clonidie twice daily, but I\\\'m affraid to, my pulse is usually around 70, I hate for it to go lower, I\\\'m not a marithon runner but I\\\'m fairly active otherwise. Since I moved to Phoenix AZ it just seems like these diuretics or beta blockers or something are killing me more quicker than the hypertension. Thanks !

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....