I'm a male, 27, with epilepsy having a problem with medications. For 9 years lamotrigine worked perfectly then stopped. I was then put on Keppra (500mg in morning 1000mg at night) and had a reaction to those and now am on Dilantin (100mg 3x a day). I was put on them last Saturday, on Wednesday morning I woke up with a fever, cold chills/sweats and I started getting a rash which within a few hours covered my whole body. It's all red with blotches of the skin showing through. On Wednesday I went to a pharmacist to talk about a possible drug allergy, he suggested I see a doctor since it did look like an allergy. The doctor looked at it and said it was probably a virus and to treat it like a cold. From then until now if I'm standing within a few minutes I start getting dizzy, my head feels like it's being squeezed from behind, get a headache in my eyes. Once I lay down for 5 minutes it all goes away. I've also been very tired. Then this morning the rash had become very itchy. The cream I got from the doctor (Betamethasone valerate cream) does nothing, I've tried the Oatmeal bath stuff and that was no help either. the fevers have been in the morning and at night, highest being 101.9. Any opinions would be great, me and the pharmacist are saying allergy, but the doctor says virus.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
It may be helpful to add too, I've also had the occasional dark urine and earlier today my poop was pretty dark, almost black and was soft. I also have not been hungry either.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....