Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Dream , Dizzyness + Vomitting

User Profile
I know this may have been asked but nothing seems to be on par with what I experience...

Every so often, I would be in a situation where what seems like a dream I have had in the past re-occurs in real life (kind of like a premonition) down the road and ends up making my dizzy and nauseous and then shortly after, I throw up...

EVERY time these episodes happens, nothing can be changed, I attempt to change what is occurring to end the feeling and anything that I do becomes identified as being part of this dream.
These episodes (dream remembering [playing out) lasts seconds and then goes away. I cannot ever remember before/after or contents of or when the dream occurs.

I am concerned because it happens every so often (could be hours apart, or months apart) without any predictability and has even happened when I have been driving (had to pull over to wretch in a garbage bin). I have had these for YEARS but throwing up only has started in the last few - since throwing up has started, happens EVERY episode.

Every time I bring it up with friends or family, I am not believed due to the nature of the explanation (dream in real life?) and have been told its probably stress related or natural chemical imbalance where the brain cannot perceive time properly... I don't know what to think!

Any + all input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks All!
A concerned individual
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 25th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Is there any pattern to this? Does it happen morning or evenings? After you eat? Do you vomit immediately after having this De-ja-vu episode?
|

User Profile
There is no pattern to this seemingly random situation. IT wont matter whether its day or night however its prevalence is during the day (possibly because thats when I'm most active - work and such).
Does not seem to be food related cause I'v emptied my stomach after a meal and have experienced it on an empty stomach.
Vomiting occurs within minutes after the episode. Since I've been a kid, I have always had advanced warning of vomit through a saline/salt taste in my mouth (but not due to deja vu, stuff like food poisoning and flu).
|

Extremely eHealthy
does the vomiting seem to differ from normal food poisoning or flue regurgitation? Do you experience muscle aches? Do your legs give out? or is there any other muscular component or is it just typical vomiting.
|

User Profile
Its typical vomiting, no after affects barring the usual red in the face from usual strain. As soon as I vomit, I'm back to normal and the feeling goes away.

Up to that point I feel the effect of deja vu, dizziness and nauseous and such...
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm at a loss to explain it. However, if something is going on with your mind and it has a physical reaction like vomiting, your go-to physician would be Neurologist. Talk to your family doctor and see if you can get a referral.
|

replied March 21st, 2010
I have exactly the same thing. I thought I was going a bit crazy and then today I got curious and googled... I found another site where there are others with exactly the same symptoms 15-20 seconds of feeling like they are in a dream and it getting more intense and then coming around and feeling nauseous and not being able to remember anything. I vaguely remember some things, I never vomit but I do feel sick and then really tired. Anyway I am going to the doctors first thing tomorrow. Just thought you would like to know in case like me you were starting to doubt your sanity!!
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....