User Profile
Hi I just had a vasectomy a few months ago did the 3 samples Dr says the sperm is dead does this mean me and my fiance are safe now? She is also on the shot as well sorry new to all of this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 26th, 2011
Hi... My ex husband had a vasectomy while we were still married so im somewhat familiar with this subject. By the third sample there should be no sperm. Not sure what you meant by "the sperm is dead". I think you would be fine. Especially if your partner is still on the shot and it hasn't worn off yet. I would clarify with the doctor if he meant there was "no sperm" or if he meant there were "dead sperm". Hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.

It takes about 3 months after vasectomy for semen to be completely sperm free.
If your semen is free of sperms, it's safe to have intercourse.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Dr Khalil
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2019
3 months... quite some time.
|
Tags: vasectomy, sperm
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vasectomy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.