Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Doxycycline delay ovulation ?

User Profile
My LMP (last menstural period) started February 23, 2009. I have PCOS and I don't usually ovulate on my own, but rather with the help of Metformin. This cycle, I took the antibiotic Doxycycline from cycle day 16 to cycle day 26 for a Sinus Infection. Initally, my Basal Body Tempreture Chart indicated that I had ovulated on cycle 16, but a few days later, my temperature plummeted below the coverline and my chart indicated that I hadn't ovulated at all yet.

After a couple of erratic temperatures, my BBT chart is now indicating that I ovulated on cycle day 28 and I have had sustained temperatures for the past 4 days.

I have heard that some antibiotics can delay ovulation and I was wondering if doxycycline was one of them? Even with PCOS I have never ovulated this late in my cycle, I should be getting my period and my temps should be going back down...not up!

Today is cycle day 32 and I am just unsure of what to think.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2011
Great doxycycline antibiotic you can use it for any of the following:
âspam¢ respiratory tract infections
âspam¢ urinary tract infections
âspam¢ sexually transmitted diseases
âspam¢ skin infections such as acne
âspam¢ infections of the eye
âspam¢ rickettsial infections such as Q fever or tick fever
âspam¢ other infections such as MALARIA, cholera, brucellosis,leptospirosis, psittacosis and fevers caused by lice or ticks.

or prevent:

âspam¢ travellers diarrhoea, scrub typhus, leptospirosis and MALARIA.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....