Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Double Vision after TransDerm Scopolamine

User Profile
My wife was given a Trans Derm Scopolamine patch post op for nausea. After it was on for 5 days she experienced a brief moment of double vision (diplopia). She removed the patch that night. The next morning she had double vision. She has now had diplopia for 7 days with no improvement. She has spoken with our local Ophthamologist who told her to speak to a Neurologist, who told her to speak to her primary doctor, who didn't have a clue. I realize the duration varies from patient to patient, but is there anything that she can do to speed up her recovery? Should she let her eyes rest to recover? Or should she exercise them to help her brain adjust and compensate and maybe correct itself? I've read some people experience Scopolamine withdrawls but they don't mention double vision, just a return of their nausea. I still wonder if applying another patch and then weaning her off of it would restore her vision?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....