Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Done with puberty and growing ?

I am really concerned about my height. I am only 5'6 and 16 years old and weigh about 125-130 pounds, and have not gained any weight since I was 14 and a half/ 15. I think I started puberty at about 11.5 when I first started having sexual feelings and stuff like that, and started developing more muscularly at around 12.5. I don't look like any different from last year, and I am really concerned because I don't think I should be done with puberty because I don't have that much facial hair yet or anything ( I only some hair on my upper lip and some really really hard to see light hair on my bottom lip and chin).
P.S. My mom is 5'4 and my dad is 5'11.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are still in the midst of adolescents and still growing. Full maturity in males often occurs in late teens to early 20's. Everyone develops at different ages. Many guys will continue to grow well into their late teens. You are within the normal range for development so you should not worry. The next couple of years will bring about lots of changes and growth for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....