Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Don't know how to feel better

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
My friend says I have a low self-esteem and no confidence in myself and I don't think very much of myself. I apologize all the time and he says that my apologies don't mean anything because I say it so much. He says when I apologize I should feel better and not feel bad anymore, but I still feel bad. I really do feel sorry and bad, but I guess he says it's hard to believe me when I say it sooo much. I just want to know how to feel better about myself. My friends also think I could have a.d.d. and axiety. I don't know how to feel better about myself though. I want to. I don't like making my friends frustrated with me. They try to help me, but I'm sure they feel hopeless.

Also, if I am really frustrated or stressed and don't know what to do I think about hurting myself, but then I think about how stupid and pointless that is and I don't. I want to be a better person. I just don't know how or where to begin. I feel bad for my friends for choosing to be my friend. Like I don't deserve t

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2010
Self Injury Answer A17812
Hi! Welcome to eHealth forum!

You are probably suffering from depression or post traumatic stress disorder or a bad case of anxiety. Please consult a psychologist. In all probability counseling will help you. It is good you have caring friends and there must be something good in you for them to want to be your friends. So go ahead and consult a counselor. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Self Injury , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.