Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Don't give up hope if post-op pain last months

A hernia surgery is supposed to be "simple". People have recovered and are active within weeks and certainly within a month.

Sometimes that is just not the case. If you are suffering from post-hernia surgery pain like I was it can be very dis-spiriting to be two months, three months, four months post surgery and still be in pain.

In my case, it gave me hope to find a story in the forums of someone who still had symptoms post-surgery further out than where I was at and still eventually got better.

I'd like to pay that back so-to-speak.

I suffered from pain, feelings of chafing, burning, swolleness well into my ninth month and tenth month post surgery. I explored mesh removal surgery, but didn't do it.

About eleven months to a year out, I had improvement and finally healed.

Now two years plus out, I can report that while the pain once in a while returns, overall, I'm symptom free.

Sometimes it can take a year to fully heal. Don't give up hope.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....