User Profile
I was just wanting to know if anyone else has a dog that like to chew on dirty underwear. i know that boy dog do it cuse of the smeal on it. but has anyone had a girl dog that eat them. and why do they do they do it.

she get bone all the time and diffant kind of dogs treat

my dog is just over a year old
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2010
Experienced User
All dogs have their own way, try buying her a pair of her own to see if that will do the trick to keep your underware for yourself. LOL
I had a dog that kept eating my sons stuffed animals until we tought him that No, this is your stuffed animal. It worked. You can always try. Other than that you have me stummped.
Keep your shorts on lol, Best Luck,
bamm
|

Extremely eHealthy
It's the same reason that dogs chew up your shoes or socks or other items kept close to your body. They get anxious when they're left alone, and when they're anxious they teethe or sometimes they just destroy things out of frustration. If they're going to chew on something they follow their nose and find something that smells like the person they miss. Dogs don't understand what underwear are for, it's just a piece of cloth that smells strongly of you.
|

Experienced User
oops I forgot to say wear the new undrware first for a few minutes. wolf is correct
bamm
|

Extremely eHealthy
There's another thing I haven't tried but heard of that's weirder than buying panties for your dog (If that's even possible) but really effective. If you know you're going away for the night and leaving your dog alone. Buy a chew toy and either keep it in your pants while you're around the hose or under your shirt so that it soaks up your scent. Before you leave give the dog the toy and play with them with it for a while so the assosiate the toy with you. Then leave them in the bathroom or another location where they can't get at your other articles with the new toy. Your dog is just looking for a replacement for you. If you give them one they won't dig in your laundry hamper for it.
|

User Profile
Supporter
My female dog does the same thing. I was starting to take it personally but she does it to everyone that spends the night in my house. lol She will not touch shoes or clean clothing of any type, just worn underwear. The only way to stop her is to put the clothes in the hamper where she can't get to them. Someone tried to explain to me that it has something to do with the dog exerting his or her dominance. I didn't really care about the reason unless it stopped the behavior, I just wanted the dog to leave our underpants alone. lol
|

Experienced User
LOL & true WOLF
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2010
Experienced User
i just want to say thank u. as I have to try somthing.
my dog seam to do this when I go to bed.As she is put in her pen while I at work. And yes I keep them in a hamper where she still seam to get to them. As she doesnt touch anything esle. or any otherbody stuff
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2010
My female dog does the same thing! She tips over my hamper so i have to put my dirties in their own bag on top of my dresser.LOL...I am glad to hear that someone elses dog does this too.
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2011
Experienced User
My male dos keeps stealing my underware outa the washing basket... its really annoying lol
|

replied September 28th, 2012
Experienced User
my little guy likes socks
they just like to keep busy and make trouble Smile
i would not worry about it

they do bring all the happiness that matters
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 30th, 2013
I just have one question....why would a person leave dirty underwear laying around, especially when you know your dog will chew on it. Do you not have a laundry hamper? Ughhh!
|
Tags: bone
Quick Reply