Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Does yoga help me to loose weight?

Hi all

I am 30 years old lady my weight is 90Kg. I tried different doctors for my weight issues. They advise me to have exercise and control diet. I have controlled my diet too, but it seems no benefit at all. Shall I join yoga classes. Does yoga really help me to lose weight? Any experienced here? Please suggest me what to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2016
If you think about yoga as like about exercises, it cannot help you to lose your weight. But if you join to a good class, there will be also breathing exercises. In this case your body can start to change.
|

replied December 1st, 2016
Experienced User
Yoga is of various kinds. Gentle Hatha yoga, Vinyasa, Hot yoga and so on. If you want to lose weight Vinyasa and Hot yoga are good options. Also since yoga helps to eliminate stress, it helps to lose weight as well.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....