Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Does this sound like Anxiety?

For about a month I've had strange feelings thoughout my body, almost like it's in my bones. It started in my stomach and then the more I wprried about it the more i felt it. I was worried for awhile that it might be something really serious. For the last couple of weeks the feelings are mostly in my legs.I'm scared it might be something awful even though no one else I talk to seems to be worried. I've told my brother and sister-in-law about it (both have an anxiety disorder) and they think it's anxiety. Admitly, the feelings aren't there if I'm focused on something, but almost everyday I get up and wait for some type of pinch or pain anywhere in my body. I don't think there's anything really wrong but i can't shack the feeling there might me. Is this anxiety? Should I be worried? Am I over reacting?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 7th, 2011
Can you discribe this "feeling" you're having in your legs?

I'm not a doctor, but I know stress and worry can play all sorts of tricks on your mind and make you adamently believe there's something wrong when there really is'nt. Try not too worry about it so much. Eliminate the thought from your mind and put it on other things, like hobbies or friends or other things you like to do and see if this helps the "feeling" go away. And most importantly RELAX.
|

replied May 7th, 2011
The feelings at first weren't even that painful. They have started to become so but it's still nothing that anyone else would notice or think anything about. They are always really quick, over just as soon as they began. The best way to describe the feeling is like someone poked me hard I guess. Also it's moved to the left set of ribs lately.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...